Tuesday, February 16, 2010

cloth napkin love.....



last summer my daughter and I decided to sew cloth napkins for our family, to see if we like using them we decided to use scraps first. So I got to cutting with the rotary, she ironed and I let her sew the hems, this is a great 1st project. There is a little corner trick if you want your napkins to look professional, look here for detailed instructions. I have used this method for napkins and table cloth corners, very nice. My next inspiration comes from good ol' purlbee because I LOVE BINDING these are great, I made a set for a birthday gift and my friend made a bunch for Christmas presents, they are fun and versatile. Here are a few of mine, I used a poly tablecloth fabric and Amy Butler Garden Maze in 4 color ways. Theese have seen a few washings.

2 comments:

  1. We switched to using cloth napkins several months ago...I bought a whole bunch when we were in Provence over the summer. They're so fun and festive! And since we're not messy people, we can re-use them a few times before washing. It's a small thing, but I like not having to deal with paper napkins. Yours are sooo cute; I wish I could sew!!! If I lived closer I would make you teach me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to teach you to sew sometime!!! OOOHH Provence...I bet they are very pretty, I just like the way they make you feel when you eat!

    ReplyDelete